Overview: Land cover CoP
The mapping and monitoring of land cover and land cover change is critical information for sound development planning and for accessing the impact and effect of development decisions.
Community contributions and activities
- Joint activities for developing operational land cover mapping and monitoring systems;
- Access to and involvement with the international Earth observation land cover community through GEO activities(including contributions to the Africa Land Cover Working Group;
- Coordination and discussion on best practices and standards for using Earth observations in land cover mapping and monitoring.
- Land cover research agenda
- Best practice guideline
- Capacity development strategy
- Reports: SA-GEO Land Cover Community of Practice task team on Land Cover Classification System
- Department of Land Reform and Rural Development – National Geo-spatial Information (NGI)
- GTI (Pty) Ltd