Overview: Agriculture CoP
The production of food supplies is dependent on conditions in the natural environment, including weather and climate, freshwater supplies, soil quality and other variables. Earth observations play a significant role in providing holistic and up-to-date information for agricultural activities.
Community contributions and activities
- To find out more about Sentinel-2 project for agriculture, click here to read the newsletter
- Monthly contributions to GEO Global Agriculture Monitoring (GEOGLAM) Bulletin;
- Involvement in GEO Agriculture Community of Practice and GEO agricultural task (Ag-01);
- Coordination of SA’s Joint Experiment for Crop Assessment and Monitoring (JECAM) site activities and managing site imagery; and
- Reports on the applications of Earth observations to Crop Estimates Liaison Committee (a Committee of the National Agricultural Marketing Council).