Overview: Air quality CoP
Earth observations play an important role in identifying sources of pollution as well as monitoring air quality in real time.
Community contributions and activities
- Investigation into the potential use and sources of Earth observations data, especially satellite-based observations, for use in air quality monitoring;
- Investigation into the potential benefits and costs of harmonising the South African Air Quality Information System (SAAQIS) with the SAEOSS portal;
- Involvement in the GEO task and Air Quality Community of Practice; and
- Gathering user requirements for air quality.
- Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA)
- South African Weather Services